Friday, April 22, 2011

Love Written in Stone: Finding God's Grace in the Boundaries He Sets by Philip Carlson

Based on the title of this book, I was expecting it to be about Levitical laws and how science has validated them, thus showing God's grace.  I was wrong, but I wasn't disappointed in the book. 

I would say that a lot of the book is common sense, but it was a good refresher.  I say that because I think everyone knows that drugs and excessive drinking are bad.  It did included a lot of Biblical backing so it wasn't just his own thoughts and ideas, which I like.  I did enjoy the section on stewardship and how we are to use the resources of the earth but not abuse them.

The best part of the book was the conclusion.  I won't give it all away, but it mentions how we sometimes think too much about what the Bible says, instead of just doing what the Bible says.  Overall I enjoyed the book. 

For disclosure:  I received a free copy of this book in exchange for my unbiased review from Bethany House.  Thanks.